PT210M Pro Tools Production II (Music Production)
- This course provides essential knowledge for anyone working in Music Production
- Learn advanced setup of Pro Tools for Music Production, including MIDI, Beatclock, Complex Song Structures, tempo and Meter changes
- Comping from Playlists and track composition workflows
- Beat Detective workflows that will save you hours
- Drum Enhancement techniques
- Advanced Workspace Browser Features and time saving advanced Pro Tools Automation techniques and workflows
- Lots of tips and tricks using Midi and Virtual Instruments
- This course will allow you to take the Pro Tools Operator Certification for Music Production
- This, and much, much more in the PT210M Pro Tools Production II (Music Production) course
This course prepares candidates for the Avid Certified Operator: Pro Tools | Music certification exam. Candidates wishing to take this certification exam must first have passed the Avid Certified User: Pro Tools certification exam.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Set up MIDI devices for use with Pro Tools
- Match a session’s tempo to an existing audio performance
- Control plug-ins with MIDI controllers
- Utilize advanced MIDI and audio recording options
- Share tracks for collaboration using a variety of techniques
- Record multiple takes to playlists
- Use Playlists view and assemble a composite performance
- Use Dynamic Transport for working with loops
- Use Beat Detective for a variety of purposes
- Use advanced MIDI production techniques, including the Restore Performance function, the Select/Split Notes function, MIDI Editor windows, and the Score Editor window
- Create drum patterns using MIDI and enhance drum performances with MIDI drums and/or drum samples
- Work with Bar|Beat Markers and the Graphic Tempo Editor
- Add and edit Key Change events
- Use catalogs for sound libraries
- Use Cut Time, Insert Time, and clip groups for song arrangement
- Apply static automation techniques
- Use Preview and Punch Preview workflows
- Fine-tune automation using Trim mode
- Bounce and render stems and create final bounces in a variety of ways
- Sit the Avid Certified Operator: Pro Tools | Music certification exam
This course is designed for professional end-users wanting to learn how to use Pro Tools | Ultimate systems with HD-series hardware in a professional music environment.
Completion of the following courses and passing of the associated exams:
PT101 Pro Tools Fundamentals I
PT110 Pro Tools Fundamentals II
Avid Certified Operator: Pro Tools | Music
Music Production is all about efficiency, flexibility and creativity. The Pro Tools Operator (Music) course will show you how Pro Tools can bring out the best in your music – from tracking and editing, through mixing and mastering. When you’re done with your course, you have the opportunity to join the proud ranks of Avid Certified Operators for Pro Tools (Music).
Check out the Tonkraftwerks full range of Avid Certifications for Pro Tools.
- An extra level of confidence in your skills-for you as a user and for your prospective employers
- Immediate industry recognition of proven expertise
- (Optional with your expressed consent) A listing of your credentials on Avid’s searchable database Find a Certified Professional
Q: Are there any prerequisites?
A: Yes. You must first earn the credential of Avid Certified User: Pro Tools before you can enroll in the Pro Tools Production classes for Certified Operator.
Q: How do I become a certified as an Avid Certified Operator for Pro Tools Music Production?
A: Two courses are required: PT201 Pro Tools Production I, and PT210M Pro Tools Production II (Music Production). To certify, you must complete each course including course projects/exercises at an Avid Learning Partner such as Tonkraftwerk, then pass each course completion exam.
Q: How long is certification good for?
A: Pro Tools Certification does not expire. You become certified for a particular version of Pro Tools software. Then, Avid Certified Operators have an option to update their certification to a newer version by taking the Pro Tools update exam. Contact Tonkraftwerk for more information
Q: Can I refer to study materials during the exam?
A: No. you are not allowed to reference any documentation or study materials during the exam.
Q: What is the format of the exam?
A: Each Pro Tools course exam is comprised of 50 questions and is directly tied to the content the respective course. The time allotted to complete each exam is 60 minutes and you need a score of at least 90% (40 correct answers) to pass the exam.
Q: What happens if I take the exam and do not pass?
A: Exam results are shown immediately when an exam is completed and submitted for evaluation. Unless a candidate is banned from retaking the exams for reasons of fraud or rule violations, the following retake policy applies:
• If you do not pass an exam, you may retake the exam after 24 hours have passed
• Once you have passed an exam, you may take it again for that version of the Avid product
Q: What will I receive if I successfully pass the exam?
A: Along with pride and confidence of becoming a part of an elite group of Pro Tools users, you will receive:
1. Official certificate available for printing or download, proving your Avid Certified Operator status.
2. Downloadable Logos, for use in your business marketing materials such as business cards and websites.
3. (Optional with your express consent) Listing of your credentials on Avid.com under Find a Certified Professional.