Q: Are there any prerequisites?
A: Yes. You must first earn the credential of Avid Certified User: Pro Tools before you can enroll in the Pro Tools Production classes for Certified Operator.
Q: How do I become a certified as an Avid Certified Operator for Pro Tools Music Production?
A: Two courses are required: PT201 Pro Tools Production I, and PT210M Pro Tools Production II (Music Production). To certify, you must complete each course including course projects/exercises at an Avid Learning Partner such as Tonkraftwerk, then pass each course completion exam.
Q: How long is certification good for?
A: Pro Tools Certification does not expire. You become certified for a particular version of Pro Tools software. Then, Avid Certified Operators have an option to update their certification to a newer version by taking the Pro Tools update exam. Contact Tonkraftwerk for more information
Q: Can I refer to study materials during the exam?
A: No. you are not allowed to reference any documentation or study materials during the exam.
Q: What is the format of the exam?
A: Each Pro Tools course exam is comprised of 50 questions and is directly tied to the content the respective course. The time allotted to complete each exam is 60 minutes and you need a score of at least 90% (40 correct answers) to pass the exam.
Q: What happens if I take the exam and do not pass?
A: Exam results are shown immediately when an exam is completed and submitted for evaluation. Unless a candidate is banned from retaking the exams for reasons of fraud or rule violations, the following retake policy applies:
• If you do not pass an exam, you may retake the exam after 24 hours have passed
• Once you have passed an exam, you may take it again for that version of the Avid product
Q: What will I receive if I successfully pass the exam?
A: Along with pride and confidence of becoming a part of an elite group of Pro Tools users, you will receive:
1. Official certificate available for printing or download, proving your Avid Certified Operator status.
2. Downloadable Logos, for use in your business marketing materials such as business cards and websites.
3. (Optional with your express consent) Listing of your credentials on Avid.com under Find a Certified Professional.