Avid Certified | User Pro Tools
Tonkraftwerk offers a number of Avid Pro Tools certifications, validating user skills to expert level. The first of these certifications is the Avid Certified User for Pro Tools, giving you an industry recognized certificate for industry professionals.
To gain the title of Avid Certified User for Pro Tools, you must take two foundational courses, Pro Tools Fundamentals I (PT101) and Pro Tools Fundamentals II (PT110), before sitting and passing the associated certification exam, as shown in the graphic above.
Becoming an Avid Certified User for Pro Tools verifies that you have the fundamental understanding and capability to use Avid Pro Tools to engineer a project through to completion with all of the fundamental operational skills needed to record, edit, mix and output the finished session.
Becoming an Avid Certified User for Pro Tools gives you the following benefits:
- Demonstrate your fundamental competency in digital audio editing and mixing with Avid Pro Tools
- Provide measurable benefits to your employer
- Differentiate yourself from peers
- Make your résumé stand out and leverage the power of the Avid brand with downloadable Avid Certified User logos
- Prove your credentials with a Certificate of Achievement
- Gain recognition from your employer and peers with the Avid Certified Professional listing on Avids website.
As an employer you can use the Avid Certified User credential as a benchmark to:
- Find the right person for the job
- Quickly assess candidate skill level
- Invest in and promote your most promising employees
- Keep your systems running at top performance, with little to no downtime
Once certified, you will have the opportunity to further deepen your Pro Tools expertise by pursuing one or more Pro Tools certifications, such as Avid Certified Operator or even Avid Certified Expert.
Check out the Tonkraftwerks full range of Avid Certifications for Pro Tools.
Q: How do I become an Avid Certified User for Pro Tools?
A: Firstly, attend the two courses:
To certify you must complete each course, including course projects/exercises, at an official Avid Learning Partner, such as Tonkraftwerk then pass each course completion exam.
Q: What if I already know how to edit & mix in another application and just need to learn Pro Tools?
A. The certification courses are designed for engineers, producers, or anyone involved in the creation and delivery of digital audio. Tonkraftwerk is an Avid Learning Partner for professional customers. Courses are taught in short 2 to 3 day intensive classes. This type of training is appropriate for experienced professionals who simply need to learn the software or update their skills.
Q: Can I refer to study materials during the exam?
A: No. you are not allowed to reference any documentation or study materials during the exam.
Q: What is the format of the exam?
A. The exam is comprised of 50 questions with 60 minutes to complete.
Test items are presented in the following formats:
- Multiple Choice: Select the single option that best answers the question
- Illustration Review: Refer to the illustration prior to answering the multiple choice question
- Illustration Response: Select the single image that best answers the question
Q: What happens if I take the exam and do not pass?
A: Exam results are shown immediately when an exam is completed and submitted for evaluation. Unless a candidate is banned from retaking the exams for reasons of fraud or rule violations, the following retake policy applies:
- If a student does not pass an exam, the candidate may retake the exam after 24 hours have passed
- Once a student has passed an exam, it may not be taken again for that version of the Avid product
Q: What will I receive if I successfully pass the exam?
A. Along with pride and confidence of becoming an Avid Certified User for Pro Tools you will receive:
- Official certificate available for printing or download, proving your Avid Certified User status
- Downloadable Logos, for use in your resume, business marketing materials such as business cards and websites
- (Optional with your expressed consent) A listing of your credentials on Avid’s searchable database Find a Certified Professional
- The “I am Pro Tools Certified” T-shirt to brag about your achievement
Q: How long is certification good for?
A: Your Pro Tools certification does not expire. You become certified for a particular version of Pro Tools software. You may find it beneficial to update your certification to the current version from time to time. Contact Tonkraftwerk for more information.